Beware of reefwerks! need DIY advice please!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cosmo, Jan 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Long story, but after 2 months, finally got my "complete dimmable fixture" from reefwerks! They took $750 from me 2 months ago for this fixture and a biopellet reactor and some other stuff! Here's what i was supposed to get, AGAIN! A complete plug in the wall dimmable 48 Cree led system with 4 Meanwell drivers nd moonlights! Here's what I got; a 48 modularled partially done Cree system with inventronics constant current drivers with POTENTIOMETERS!

Other stuff paid for and not received! reactor/biopellets/DI resin/refractometer/reactor pump andmoonlights! hanging kit!

So my question is, can i begin to salvage this as I'm not dealing with that sheister anymore! My Credit card is starting a fraud investigation and assures me i'll recoup my money!

Anywho, let's salvage this mess! I need to figure out what i need to order to make this a dimmable system, specifically what wires drivers etc!
    I'm thinking a rapidled.com; 4 meanwell P dimmables and their controller but what else?

Thx for your help![​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

You will need 4 MeanWell ELN-60-48P or ELN-60-48D drivers depending on how you plan to dim them. If you use the "D" drivers, you'll need pots or the RapidLED style dimming module. If you use the "P" drivers, you'll need a BoostLED Typhon, or compatible controller (i.e. Apex/ReefKeeper/etc.).

4. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

+1 that should get you to what you want. Any fans on the heat sinks? May want to add a couple if not (Rapid LED has kits).

5. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Just asking, did you contact Reefwerks to see what they say?

6. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I was pricing a system from them and contact dropped off. Glad I didn't go through with it in the end. I just figured if he couldn't keep up on emails with me about a $500-$750 sale then I definitely didn't want to invest the money in it. Hope everything works out for you.

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yeah, contacting him is tough!

Coylee, he's been jerking me around for WAY TOO LONG! This isn't even near what was agreed upon! On top of the other stuff still missing!

Boostled just called me back! Think i'm gonna buy their typoon system! Surprsing though, he said that some constant current drivers can be dimmed! hmm!

But as I said, I got sent a VERY partially done DIY modularled system, that I could've bought from them and got what i wanted! For what I paid reefwerks, I could've got a rapidled system with 4 meanwells, anodized heatsink and a controller!Ridiculous!

8. Click Here!

9. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

I went with rapidled and love it. I am interested in the boostled controller, I have the rapid controller and its not the best, but I have no experience with anything else.

10. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

This is not the first time I heard of such a thing...If you goggle the company you will see other compliants likes yours.

Just an FYI, watch what you say in case of Legal actions that may be needed in the future. Dont want you to say something that may hurt your case

1 person likes this.
  11. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Not to say you didnt try but jonathan is pretty easy to get ahold of im in contact with him almost every other day if you need his email or phone please let me know and ill send it to you. He has had nothing but outstanding service for me.

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Ingtar, sorry if ya bought from him because of me! This is round 2 of issues with me! My CC luckily has fraud protection!

if ya paid with paypal, you have 45 days to dispute!