Will a carpet anenome host more than one clown

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by laurat, Aug 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. laurat

laurat Astrea Snail

I have 4 clowns and one has hosted a sebae, but the other three are left out. One
    is partial to a rose bta that is.not doing well. Keeps protecting even though it can't get in it. Would like to see all have something to swim in. Just wondering.

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

The nem probably wouldn't care, but clowns are territorial so it most likely won't happen.

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

5. VFrancisco

VFrancisco Plankton

I've got a large blue carpet anemone hosting 3 fish: 1 true Percent & a pair of Black & Whites. Really odd combination, I know, but they're all in there doing fine.

6. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

Percula and Ocellaris in the same tank? I thought that was as big a "no-no" as diff nems. You have sebae, bt, and carpet all in one?

7. laurat

laurat Astrea Snail

Two are false percs and two are black percs

8. Click Here!

9. heidimi

heidimi Fire Shrimp

Did you all know some clowns never host an anemone. I don't think you should add another nem just for your clownfish. They may just ignore it. Unless of course you want another anemone in your tank. Then get the kind that you love to look at adds color adds movement etc. There is nothing wrong with adding multiple anemones to a tank. But keep in mind that the clowns that aren't hosting may just as well host your "powerhead" or a corner as a new nem.
    Heidi

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011