A twist of irony

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Va Reef, Aug 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Well unfortunately I think my mantis died while I was on vacation. My mom (caretaker of tank while i'm out) said he went into a molt after I left. 4 days later it looks like hes dead. No signs of him anywhere, I haven't heard him either for the past 12 hours. I know someone is going to say, just give him some days hes probably still hardening his shell, but I saw meat inside some parts. I would love to be proven wrong though. :cry::-[:cry::-[

The ironic part was that the hermits that were supposed to be his food while i was gone, where the ones picking at his carcass. (I'm not saying they killed him though)

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Very sorry.:cry: I know you really put a lot of effort and research into keeping this mantis. :cry:

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Thanks, I had for such a short time, but I felt so attached to him. I dont think I'm going to get a mantis for a while. Its almost like losing a dog, if not just as bad. :cry::cry:

1 person likes this.
  5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I'm sorry to hear of this, Som3 reef3rr. It is really disappointing when our fish/pets die. :(

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Thanks Sean, especially when you have that bond with them, its really tough.