ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2005, 11:38 AM
APC
Teardrop Maxima Clam

Skin: Classic
APC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery
Default Snail life span

Hi All,

Just curious...Does anyone know how long on average snails last..Specifically astreas and turbo grazers. Granted you probably have many in your tank, and don't monitor the individuals on a regular basis, so maybe a better question is how often do you lose a snail? Is it a regular occurrence, or a rare occurrence?
APC is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 07-02-2005, 07:59 AM   #2
3reef Moderator

Jason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery
Default Re: Snail life span

Can't say I've ever tracked the lifespan, but you know a google search may come up with the answers for you.

Jason
Jason McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #3
Flamingo Tongue

Skin: Mint
boostenmkiv is catching on

gallery

I saw somewhere that it was appx 18months in captivity...but don't have any evidence to back this up..all I know is that I don't have nearly as many snails left in my tank as I used to..and I just bought 5 margarita snails a few days ago and last night I found an empty margarita snail shell on the sand bed already. (definately one of the new snails as all my older ones were astreas.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by APC
Hi All,

Just curious...Does anyone know how long on average snails last..Specifically astreas and turbo grazers. Granted you probably have many in your tank, and don't monitor the individuals on a regular basis, so maybe a better question is how often do you lose a snail? Is it a regular occurrence, or a rare occurrence?
boostenmkiv is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #4
Giant Squid

Bruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud of

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

well...2 years ago i had 12 mexican turbo snails and now i think i have like 9 or 10...so they r doing ok, 1 died in a new tank and the other well... i think he got stuck during the night and the crabs got him...lol...
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-08-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
APC
Teardrop Maxima Clam

APC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond reputeAPC has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

Thanks for the feedback all. My snails seem to be doing alright, but I have noticed that my red leg hermits are praying on the astrea snails. I have 3 crabs, and they are all in astrea shells now. My mexican turbos are doing well, though.
APC is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
Giant Squid

Bruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud of

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

ya unless the hermits r given shells they will either kill eachother or snails, the mexican turbos should be ok though, they r tuff little buggers
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!