small hitchhiker shrimp

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by spongebob, Dec 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. spongebob

spongebob Flamingo Tongue

I was at my lfs and they just got a shipment in.I was looking thru the bags looking because i wanted some devils hand coral.i found a bag with 2 of them in there and looking closer i saw a little shrimp picking at the base.So i ask how much for the 2 devils hand corals and he told me $62.I said sold.
    Now the shrimp is clear with red bands.He had short claws one fatter than the other.He was about an inch long and looked like a minni lobster.About a week later my one armed arrow crab was dead or maybe moalted but i havn"t seen him in a while so it could go either way.

I think thats where i got the little clear shrimp in my refugium because after i set the shrimp and coral in my tank i took the little things swimming in the bottom of the bag and dumped them in the refugium.
    Life in there is so neat i can just stare at the refugium.My son so give me a hard time about staring in an empty tank.He thinks i am crazy lol

Thanks for reading my post this place is great!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

He needs to buy you a magnifying glass for Christmas. ;D

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Very cool, it will be interesting to see what happens with the shrimp. Please keep us updated and take pics if at all possible.

5. spongebob

spongebob Flamingo Tongue

This is a reef tank w fish.Could the shrimp be harmfull?

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I don't think so.