Skunk cleaner shrimp hiding all day

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by cdc, Sep 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cdc

cdc Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Do cleaner shrimp come out in the day time? I have 2 that hide all the time I have never even seen them clean my fish.

2. Click Here!

3. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

not all cleaner shrimp will "clean" fish. Also, when were they added to the tank?

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Many shrimp will hide during the day.

5. Jen

Jen Plankton

Mine come out during the day. We've had them for maybe 7 months? As far as cleaning fish I think it depends more on the fish. Only my orange spotted goby really encourages it so the shrimp go crazy on him. I've caught my foxface getting cleaned but usually the other fish don't sit still long enough to get cleaned.

6. mabbus

mabbus Bristle Worm

Mine is always out during the day, which is just as well he is my favourite character. When it's feeding time he swims to the surface and scuttles around among the fish grabbing the food. Looks like he is running upside down across the surface of the water. Kids think it's the greatest :)

7. cdc

cdc Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I added one of them about 2 months ago which I have seen clean fish a couple of times, and I added another a few days ago. I was more interested in them coming out in the day than cleaning really, I find them interesting to watch.