Sea apple

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by gangus, Feb 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gangus

gangus Astrea Snail

yes i have a sae apple. So ive gotten alot of crap lately over having a sea apple in my tank. I know they can be dangerous to my fish if they feel threatend. ive had it for over a year so far so good nothing really messes with it,it seems to be very happy. i have heard a lot of bad experances with people owning them with fish. Should i attemt do rid of it ? I hate, to hes been there since the begining, but i hate to lose my fish to.
    Flickr: Gangusmich's Photostream

2. Click Here!

3. Flyingsquid

Flyingsquid Plankton

Hello! I know this was quite some time ago that you posted this, however I'm very interested in what became of your sea apple :)
    I'm thinking of purchasing one for my tank soon and would love some advice from someone that owns one!

4. Sgoodman

Sgoodman Astrea Snail

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  5. Flyingsquid

Flyingsquid Plankton

Beautiful sea apple you have there! :)
    I've read the article, and it was by far the most informational one I've been able to find! What is your current tank set-up that the apple is in? Thanks! :)

6. Sgoodman

Sgoodman Astrea Snail

I have him in a 170gallon mixed reef with apollo LED lights. Parameters all about idea except PH runs at about 8.0
    I have a hippo tang, lunar wrasse, lawnmower blenny, 2 percula clowns and just a standard CUC... Oh also a sand sifting starfish that moves all over him and he pays him no mind at all.
    When I first got him, it is like he could sense me in the tank trying to get the marine snow to him. He would retract and would take hours to open back up. Now he don't care, almost eats from my hand

7. Flyingsquid

Flyingsquid Plankton

This is great to know! ;D as I also would love to get a starfish and have similar fish! Do you think an urchin would be problematic?

8. Click Here!

9. yvr

yvr Skunk Shrimp

I've had a sea apple in my 90 gallon SPS tank for about 1 year and a half. I feed the whole tank 1-2 times per week in the evening alternating with frozen oyster eggs , frozen cyclops, Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral. I've seen the sea apple grow by about 15-20% in the 18 months I've had it!

10. Flyingsquid

Flyingsquid Plankton

Wow that's great! ;D
    I'm glad to here how many people are doing well with these guys!
    Would you mind telling what tank mates the apple has ATM? Thanks!