Question about Coco worm feather duster

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by HollyG, Nov 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

I got a coco worm today and I was just wondering if they tuck into their tubes at night to sleep? Mine was out after the lights went out for a while and now it's retracted into the tube. Will it come back out in the morning?

2. Click Here!

3. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

they pop in and out as they please. i never noticed a pattern as far as when they pop in on my feather dusters. i can tell you they don't like to be in a high flow area. keep that in mind when placing it

4. HollyG

ok thanks. Yea it was in and out last night all night. In the morning it was in but when I moved the tube a little he started coming back out again.

5. Reef-a-holic

Reef-a-holic 3reef Sponsor

They are touchy and will close up at the slightest sense of danger. As a filter feeder they can/will be open any time of the day or night.

6. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

so you spent the big money huh? nothing like a $40 worm :)

7. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

They pop in and out at they please. Sometimes cause they fish swim to close or just cause they feel like it. Give it time to adjust and youll see alot more of it.

8. Click Here!

9. HollyG

LOL I did! I got a bunch of money for my birthday and ran right to the LFS lol. I bought the coco worm, a sunk cleaner shrimp and a purple and yellow feather duster to complete my 10gal. Those 3 small animals cost me $85! It's crazy! But when it comes to my tank it's well worth the money!