picked up new Feather Duster, Tube got a little crushed, should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by HollyG, Nov 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

My husband picked up a feather duster worm for me and the top half of the tube got accidentally squished. It's one of the soft tube featherdusters. It tore a little. Will it be ok as long as the worm itself didn't get hurt? I don't think it did because the damage was so high up on the tube I'm pretty sure the worm was just below where it got squished. When I placed him in the tank he started to come out but only a tiny bit so far. Good sign I take it? I have no idea what kind it is because my husband doesn't know so couldn't tell me. I'll have to figure it out myself.

2. Click Here!

3. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

You could trim the dented part off if you like, just to make sure it can fully extend :) don't forget to feed her. Total filter feeders. Marine Snow, Coral Frenzy or Coral Extacy are a couple good ones. Enjoy! Id love to have one but I'm a chicken lol

4. peasofme

peasofme Astrea Snail

5. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Mine closes up during the night or during the day when the fish swim by too close. I wouldnt worry about the dented part. Give it some time to adjust & take care of its self.

6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

+1

It will repair the damaged tube. :)

As far as feeding featherdusters, I never have, and mine have always stayed healthy and beautiful for years. Just like a lot of corals, if you're feeding fish in the same tank, they're getting plenty of nutrition.

7. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

Thanks everyone.. the feather duster is doing great!

8. Click Here!

9. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

That's excellent news. Glad to hear it. ;)