never had a long tentacle anenome

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by billrwilson, Mar 7, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billrwilson

billrwilson Fire Worm

hi all i love this site i learn alot here. ok i bought a long tentacle anenome i know nothing about it. my clark clown loves it but it was open real big in the store huge in fact and now it opens half way.things i would like to know are: does it need strong or no current? if my anenome stands tall like reaching for the ski streached out is it begging for light. some of mine are huged tight to rocks but oped big some are streched and open half way. and my anenomes are not even close to each other to sting each other. sorry this is so long. maybe someone know of a web sight i could find these things out.i would like to know all i can about it.

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

4. hunterd_67

hunterd_67 Plankton

mine liked a steady low current, till i got rid of him, but i think all r different and uniqe, if it aint happy it will move.

5. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

i'm thinking of buying a tube anenome. It's about 3" when it's open. I have a blue tang, flame angel, and a manderin, do u think any of these fish would touch it. If they do, i've read that it'll kill them because it has a strong sting. They don't move so that's good for my corals. How should i acclimate them. Does anybody have any advise for me, this is my first anenome.

6. tangov559

tangov559 Astrea Snail

well, let me give you my opinion. I have a rose anemone and a long tenticle. If i were you, i would just go with a rose anemone. You will like the color the and looks more then a LTA or Carpet.

7. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

I agree with tangov559.....stay away from the tube anemones. My b/f came home with one a while back that the LFS said was absolutely safe for his nano tank. Well, I did some research real fast and found out that tubes eat small fish. Lo and behold, the tube now lives in my refugium. Cindy

8. Click Here!

9. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

ok....thanks guys...i decided not to get any..because the tube would be the only one i could get becaue it doesn't move but it eats small fish so i just won't get it.

10. tangov559

tangov559 Astrea Snail

my rose doesnt move alot. It did move a little when i first got it but not it has settle down.