Nerite snail

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Caspian, Aug 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Caspian

Caspian Coral Banded Shrimp

So I only have two Nerite snails in my tank, and they are just going to town dropping eggs Is there anything other then elbow grease to get rid of the little eggs? Some people say they'll drop eggs on the LR which would be fine with me, but they only drop them on my acrylic tank.:angry:

I use to have a pair of the freshwater version of this snail and they did the same thing, I moved them to a glass tank and they only drop on the plants... Why must they sully my acrylic but not the glass what gives?!

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I don't see why you would be worried about removing th eeggs? When they 'hatch' they will make good fish food. Rarely, will they survive long enough to make it to adulthood.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  4. melonz

melonz Astrea Snail

probably patience and some elbow greese will have to do, dont wanna scratch the acrylicc.

i use to have nerites in my tank and hated them since i would always find em carpet surfing since i have a rimless tank.

have you tried getting a plastic card and scraping it at an angle? maybe that would work and wont be to harsh on the acrylic.

5. Caspian

Caspian Coral Banded Shrimp

I've got an acrylic scraper I was just dreaming and hoping there might be some kind of fish cure that would just nom the little eggs. lol