My wonderful anemone!!!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Save_the_Reef, Feb 24, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Save_the_Reef

Save_the_Reef Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Well hey again. I am back with another fun and interesting topic. Well I bought a sebae about 4 days ago, threw him in the tank, and he is doing nice. Only one problem. Of all the places he chose, he chose the very bottom of the tank, inside of a cave, where it is a fun place to try and feed him. He finally ate yesterday, after "pooping", which is fun to watch. I am guessing the lights are to bright for him, so that is why he chose the cave, aptly nicknamed "Shady Acres". My one crab is mean tho. Every time I feed Mr. Anemone, he tries to grab the shrimp away, even when the anemone has it half way down his mouth. In the process, the crab usually grabs the shrimp one way, while the anemone pulls the other. The crab is much stronger, and the anemone is almost always stuck trying to be pulled through a hole in the rocks about 1 inch in diameter. But the anemone usually wins. :-/

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

lol, sounds funny, IMO the anemone will come out eventually when it is fully acclimated, mine did and well...before the power outage it was doing great...i need to move it to a more lighted tank soon...im either gona get a 12 gal nano with 92w or a 24 gal nano with around 200w ....not sure yet :)