my problems with joes juice

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Twan013, Jun 26, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Twan013

Twan013 Skunk Shrimp

hey guys, i've noticed i had a bit of a problem today...started a couple of months ago, when i tried to rid my tank of a single aiptasia... all i did was what the joes juice said... squirt a little on the aiptasia, it'll eat it, shrivel up and die!... about a month later, it came back, so i gave it another dousing!... and today, i was studying my aquarium, and now i'm seeing 3 aiptasia in the exact same area! granted, they're much smaller now, but still there... any advice? i would be willing to chunk the whole rock, but its a nice, big piece, and i don't want to remove it temporarily just to chisel out that one section, so i don't know what else to do...

2. Click Here!

3. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

take kalkwasser and add just enough water to make it into a thick paste.either use a plastic syringe with a big opening to cover the aiptasia or just use a popsicle stick or whatever you want to put the paste over the infested area.leave it there for good.you reelly don't have to cover it the aiptasia will die as soon as it tastes it, but i like to over do things.the paste will eventually crumble an disapear or cover with coraline.

4. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Your supposed to suction the dead aptasia out of the tank if you can, otherwise they can still propagate. I've used it in the past and occasionally had the same problem but once I started removing the dead aptasia the problem stopped.

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Try vinegar, or lemon juice, or kalkwassser(concentrated). You may also want to get yourself a couple Peppermint shrimp(Lysmata Wurdemanni) as they will help to control the outbreak and spread of Aiptasia!

6. BB23

BB23 Astrea Snail

I just used lemon juice the other day to treat some aiptasia and it worked fine. Just get a syringe and needle from your local pharmacy, then some lemon juice and inject away. I would reccomend only treating small areas at a time so that your pH levels won't change too rapidly. (for the most part it will probably dissipate, especially if you have good water flow)

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

LOL .. Joe's juice was just reversed engineered and they missed a very important spices.. That stuff does not work I posted on several boards my recipe for free what they missed find it use it they eat it and die with in about 30 seconds and will not come back. Or I ca make you some send you a bottle for 10.00 + shipping.. When they Eat mine as food they turn pitch black and melt or burn up right before your's eye never to be seen again.. So Joe's patent means nothing to me as Mine is totally different mixture.. :)

They where close but no cigar :) thats why I let my mixture out for free a few yrs ago..

I myself would just get me a Australian Copperband butterfly pretty fish and loves to eat them..

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. JCG30

JCG30 Plankton

JoesJuice Reply

I am Joe Gatto, president of JoesJuice. What you experienced is common. Aiptasia have interesting habits and reproductive methods. Your situation has probable cause is very simple to handle. There are dominate Aiptasia, the one you saw. There more than likely were two more that you didn't see. The dominate member keeps the other members from rising to the surface for food. In this case, the other anemones in the group will rise up and night feed. Once you eliminated the first the one; the others were freed from their predicament. Simply attack each one.