my new BTA! w/clowns hosting, pic

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by sweetriden76, Mar 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sweetriden76

sweetriden76 Coral Banded Shrimp

heres my new BTA Im a little curious as to its behavior so far, it moved about 4 inches(been in the tank a bit short of 24hours), it seems to be moving slowly still, but it shrunk down really small and then slowly grew back out to the size it is now which is what it was when I bought it, color and all seems good, it looks like the whole foot isnt attached though, almost like the side of its foot is whats holding the rock, will it sort itself out over time? and was the shrinking a normal thing, I aclimated it for a solid hour, maybe a little more(best aclimation info I could find for it was a little vague) still holding color and the tips bubbled out again, just that the disc isnt totaly spread, anyway heres a pic with my clowns(no choice cause they are are not leaving) also my bicolor blenny and zoas are in the pic, and the snail...just looked and its still moving slowly for sure...anyway any info or thoughts will be appreciated, TIA...

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

It'll adjust itself until its happy.. Congrats on your new addition...

4. sweetriden76

yeah I kinda figured it'd move itself around, it can get real close to the surface for good light, so I think that may be were it is going, the clowns both hosted within 12 hours so I was happy

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Beautiful!

Congrats to you and the clowns!

:)

6. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

from what I understand it is normal for the anemony to shrink down like that, it is dispencing all of the old tankwater out of its system and then replenishes itself with the new systems water and yea he will move around untill it finds a place were hes happy and the clowns agree with also.

ps nice pic:)

7. sweetriden76

thanks, that camera makes my ameture skills look good

8. Click Here!

9. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

TIA....This is Africa? I saw that movie ;)

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Congrats on your new addition

11. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

I think he means 'that is all', not 'this is africa', lol. Nice BTA. Don't worry about him to much, just make sure you feed him. any questions feel free to pm me. and yes, your BTA will freak you out with changing sizes, moving around, opening and closing, changing from pink/green to a darker green, and anything else it can possibly do to freak you out and think it's dying. Mine has done this to me, so if you see anything you think is 'abnormal' take a pic, and I'll let you know if mine does that too. Good luck with it, and at least you'll have the clownfish to help you look after it.

12. sweetriden76

yeah, its bigger this morning, it did shrink a second time yesterday and almost fell off the rock, so I gently moved it to a higher spot(in the direction it had been going), now the whole foot is attached and its bigger then it was when I bought it which my clowns are loving, the blenny found a hole right under the foot which he backs into like a car in a garage(quite funny to watch)...TIA is for "thanks in advance" for any help with it...I knew theyd chancee size just not to that extent, kinda crazy...I'm glad it seems to like where its at at least for today as I have 5 corals coming.