My favorite conch murdered in cold blood?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Mobalized, Nov 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

My conch has been with me for about 7 months, through 2 moves. He has been my pride in joy invert. I added a emerald crab last week. And 2 days ago I noticed the conch was on his back (couldnt really see him in the shell) so i flipped him back over and went out of town for a day. Came back and there is definitely no conch in the shell. I found the emerald crab eating part of his foot this evening. I know emeralds are opportunistic. But what are the chances he killed the conch! OR the coral eating peppermint I recently found destroying blasto is the culprit! I say it was Col Mustard with the candle holder in the library!

2. Click Here!

3. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

It's impossible to know for sure unfortunately. Unlike clue there just isn't enough... Clues. :)

posted with tapatalk please ignore bad spelling and grammar

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I agree with Stepho. I have never seen my Emeralds even take the slightest interest in snails. I don't think the Peppermint could bother the Conch either unless the conch was much smaller than the shrimp.

5. Mobalized

Most depressing. Ill have to search far and wide for another conch whose shell resembles his :'( lol. I really do wonder what happened to him though he wasnt overly large. Water parameters are great. He doesnt have much competition for food on the bottom.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

With inverts it is hard to tell. Sorry on your loss.

7. Mobalized

Appreciate it. Hopefully no more losses. They are always sad.

8. Click Here!

9. Alohastate335i

Alohastate335i Fire Worm

Sorry for the loss. I just lost one of my sally light foot crabs the other day. I suspect it might by the pistol shrimp.