Might be the dumbest question ever

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by dinkanber, Nov 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dinkanber

dinkanber Skunk Shrimp

But i cant tell if my Blue starfish is dead. I introduced him to the ank 3 days ago.When i first put him in he went right to a rock and stayed under it.I left him alone but 24 hours late i noticed he was still in the same spot so i got him out and put him on the sand and that s were he has stayed for the last two days with no movement.But no color change has happened or any decay.He is still as blue as the day i brought him home.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Hard to say. It needs to acclimate to the tank so leave it alone. Some animals take longer than others.

4. Alohastate335i

Alohastate335i Fire Worm

I'd give it a couple more days. As long as he isn't showing any discoloration, decay or putting off any type of slime I'd say he is still accllimating. Keep us updated!

5. Reef-a-holic

Reef-a-holic 3reef Sponsor

Agreed...if he dies you'll know it...they start to turn white and disintegrate. I assume this is a Linkia sp. star? They have very poor track records in captivity, so I wouldn't get your hopes up, LOL! Did you happen to do a long drip acclimation? Poor handling and acclimation along the supply chain is the primary reason so many of these animals don't survive...it's also believed they have fairly specific diets that are often hard to meet in captivity.

6. dinkanber

dinkanber Skunk Shrimp

Yeah that's what he is. I don't have high hopes. I was reading on how hard they are to keep but I love the way the look anyway. He is looking a little peeked. More dimples or deeper ones anyway but still very vibrant. I will leave him alone and see what happenes. I had a hermit on top of him a few min ago and was thinning he was going to feed on him but he was just checking him out I guess cause he didn't do anything so that made me think he was still alive