ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Peppermint Shrimp

Skin: Mint
Executivelevel is coolExecutivelevel is coolExecutivelevel is coolExecutivelevel is coolExecutivelevel is cool

gallery
Default Long Spined Urchin turning white???

I have a black long spined urchin, who seems pretty healthy and happy he has grown a lot latly and is getting big! But 5 of his spines have started turning white. they are all even one on each side is that normal?? or is something wrong with him?? He moves around a lot but seems to spend most his time behind my live rock in the back of the tank.
Executivelevel is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
Peppermint Shrimp

Executivelevel is coolExecutivelevel is coolExecutivelevel is coolExecutivelevel is coolExecutivelevel is cool

gallery

hes been coming out more the last couple of days, and is getting really big, but Im still worried about these white spines
Old 02-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
Panda Puffer

phoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Is it a long spined sea urchin?? I have one of these and some of his spines have turned white in patches - i dont think its a problem cos i've had him ages and he's been like that since as far back as i can remember!
phoenixhieghts is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Peppermint Shrimp

gallery

good that makes me feel better =) thanks
Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
Astrea Snail

gerritmatton is on a distinguished road

gallery

I am a active diver and I have seen a lot of long spined urchins with some with spines of spines that are partially colored white and black. I think it is some natural coloring, maybe something that develops when they get mature?
gerritmatton is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!