Is it Irony?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by reefmonkey, Dec 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

9 months ago my 90G had an infestation of Aiptasia so bad I thought I'd give my left hand to never see another in any of my tanks.

After adding 6 Adult Berghia back then, fast forward to the present.

There was so much food for the nudi's they had a population explosion and I had a lucrative little business selling them to area reefers @ $15.00 each.

The supply of aip's was wiped out in the 90 a month before I tore it down and moved it.
    The supply in the tank I was growing them in to feed my little money makers has been depleted.
    I've been forced to sell of all but a few juvi's and 3 egg coils, at reduced prices, in hopes of locating a couple good sized rocks with a plague of aiptasia on each.
    After running ads on all three area reef club forums it seems there is a 200 mile radius around me where the planet has become an aip free zone.

Now I'd almost give my left hand just to see a live one.

2. Click Here!

3. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I have a Jason Fox chalice surrounded by 3 aiptasia's...they won't die. I've Joe Juiced 'em, lemmon juiced 'em, and injected boiling water into their mouths. Pecky little buggers. Any way, I'll sell you the aiptasia's for $200, and you'll get the JF chalice for free! How bout it?! ;D

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Ya know if I had $200 I'd take you up on that.
    I just added a JF Meteor Shower and 1 polyp of Eye of War not long ago.

*God of War not "eye"

5. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Suggestion:

Andy, pop off as much of the chalice as you can; sell remaining rock to reefmonkey.

:)

If nothing else, I'd do the putty solution to those 3 aip's you can't kill.

6. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

The chalice in on a plug in my frag tank.

Putty is my next step. Gotta go to Home Depot tomorrow anyway, and was planning on picking up some epoxy to rid the plug of those pests.

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Very ironic Mike.

8. Click Here!

9. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I thought maybe people were/are ashamed to admit they have them so I've even offered to pay for the beasts. .25 each or $6.50/lb for rock with them attached to it. Still there doesn't seem to be any in this part of the midwest. LOL

10. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

Have a rock with some shipped. Im sure they will make any trip since they are nearly invincible.

11. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I thought about asking here but I don't want to pay shipping and for a rock. Especially if I can just find one nem locally I can make it turn in into 20 in a week. LOL

12. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

why dont you offer your services to people where they bring the rock to you pay x amount to clear the aip and then give rock back....ps try growing the aip in a seperate tank and cycle rocks in and out