Harlequins DO eat asterina starfish!!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by omard, Jul 12, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Saw one of my harly's what to be appeared "stalking" up on a asterina...ran to get camera but when I got back, both the shrimp and starfish were gone.

GREAT! ;D was one of the main reason that led me to getting them in the first place.

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Maybe the star fish ran for the hills ?? I had a tank full of the stars and 4 shrimps .. And I have friends with them and to this day they are still over ran with the mutant stars :) I hope yours does eat them.. i

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Maybe is just a matter of letting the shrimp get hungry enough...the only way to know when they need new "food" is when they get wandering about. So mine must have been hungry anyway.

It is definitely time to feed mine...ran down and got a sand star this evening.

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

njdevilsfan's harlequin eats asterinas.

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

As there are several types of asterinas...maybe some taste good and some don't. = :confused:

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I'd keep them fed for the long run.. I don't care what GARF's or other experts say I have never seen them live past a few months with tanks full of the asterinas and starved to death Harlequins , I lost a few proving it to myself.. I was told the reason why they can't live off the mutant SOB's but I can't recall totally what it was now.. We had one harlequin to starve and a little tank full of the asterinas.. Thats all I have to say about it anymore.. :)