First Cleaner Crew Package Advice

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by MarkSReef1382, Dec 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MarkSReef1382

MarkSReef1382 Astrea Snail

So I have 125 gallon that has been running/cycling for the past 1 1/2 months. I have purchased two tank bred clownfish that have been in the QT for about 2 1/2 weeks. My questions is, when is a good time to throw in the cleaner crew(peppermint shrimp, crabs and snails, etc) and about how many of each. I have about 10 or so Aiptasia's already growing and am very eager to throw in the Peppermint Shrimp, as well as algae that needs to be controlled.

2. Click Here!

3. EasyMac

EasyMac Fire Worm

As soon as your levels are stable you can go ahead and add the clean up crew. the crabs and snails are pretty hardy so you would have no problem with those. wait on the shrimp until you are 100% sure.

also check out ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae they are super cool. email them, talk to John. he will help you out with everything you might need to know about clean up crews and get you a custom package that you can order which will be affordable through him compared to most LFS.

4. BioFreak

BioFreak Feather Duster

+1, I would have added them after about a week as part of the cycle process. But, EasyMac is right on the shrimp I would wait on those and the clowns until you know for sure the tank is not cycling any longer.