ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Astrea Snail

Skin: Mint
MarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkSReef1382 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Default First Cleaner Crew Package Advice

So I have 125 gallon that has been running/cycling for the past 1 1/2 months. I have purchased two tank bred clownfish that have been in the QT for about 2 1/2 weeks. My questions is, when is a good time to throw in the cleaner crew(peppermint shrimp, crabs and snails, etc) and about how many of each. I have about 10 or so Aiptasia's already growing and am very eager to throw in the Peppermint Shrimp, as well as algae that needs to be controlled.
MarkSReef1382 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
Fire Worm

EasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMac has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

As soon as your levels are stable you can go ahead and add the clean up crew. the crabs and snails are pretty hardy so you would have no problem with those. wait on the shrimp until you are 100% sure.

also check out ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae they are super cool. email them, talk to John. he will help you out with everything you might need to know about clean up crews and get you a custom package that you can order which will be affordable through him compared to most LFS.
EasyMac is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-21-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
Feather Duster

BioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond reputeBioFreak has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMac View Post
As soon as your levels are stable you can go ahead and add the clean up crew. the crabs and snails are pretty hardy so you would have no problem with those. wait on the shrimp until you are 100% sure.
+1, I would have added them after about a week as part of the cycle process. But, EasyMac is right on the shrimp I would wait on those and the clowns until you know for sure the tank is not cycling any longer.
BioFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!