A few pics of my new BTA.

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by highdesertreef, Apr 11, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. highdesertreef

highdesertreef Flamingo Tongue

My Percale clown is already hosting in it. I hope that doesn't stress it out to much.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Nice. :)

Congrats on the hosting. It rarely happens that quickly. Should actually help the nem settle in.

4. highdesertreef

That's good to know. I had heard that it can stress the anemone. Ironically I had feed the nem for the first time only about 2 hours before the clown started to host and it had opened up nearly fully after.

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

congrats on the hosting! I had to wait about 4 months or so but it's such a cool thing - the clown/anemone bond

6. highdesertreef

I was surprised as well. I was not expecting it to happen that quickly. The clown was a package deal with the anemone, buy a BTA get a "free" Percula clown. I had heard that it could take months for hosting, but 2 days has got to be record time. Shocked but very pleased.

7. Mr. Bill

Not exactly a record- I once had a perc that dove into a BTA less than ten minutes after it was introduced. Oh wait... she got stung and never went near it again. Guess that doesn't count. :D

On a serious note, without the threat of predation, sometimes a clown never shows interest in a nem.

8. Click Here!

9. highdesertreef

That may be the reason. They were both introduced at the same time. So the clown was looking for territory and feeling threatened from the transfer.

10. Mr. Bill

That's an excellent point. In most cases where it takes an extended period or never happens at all, the clown was one of the first fish and the nem was added much later.