Cuttlefish anyone??

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by MoJoe, May 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

I've been taking some time to research Cuttlefish keeping. I am fascinated by octo's and squids. I never realized people keep Cuttle's until I saw eggs onsale online somewhere. The great thing about the Cuttlefish is it won't climb out of your tank like the other cephs & they are pretty amazing to watch.

From my research I'm aware of the negatives of Cuttle keeping, like short life-span, somewhat fragile creatures, etc.. but I am still really interested in trying to keep some of the dwarf (Sepia bandensis) species.

Has anyone tried to keep Cuttle's & if so, how was your experience?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

5. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

6. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

Yes, thanks I have read up on the Daisy Farm link, great info all around.

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. Click Here!

9. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

I think if I had known you could keep Cuttle's I may have started a Cuttle only tank before I had started my reef. Dang I want my own house so I could get another tank for some of these.

10. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

oh...there is a website that looks a little goth...it has all the info you will ever want for cuttles...will do my best to find it but maybe someone else here knows what I am talking about. The guy has cool wrought iron frames on his tank, and it looks like dracula's fish tank.

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

actually, it's been said that if you are successful with a reef tank you'll be successful with a cuttle tank. The water requirements are similar.

I'm wanting a cuttle tank. I want my mom to upgrade her 46 bowfront so I can convert it to one :)

12. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

cuttles are awesome im trying to track some down. we had an octopus for awhile he was cool he lived in a 29 biocube with a 20 gallon sump. its not terribly hard to mod a biocube to be octoproof. however cuttles are more friendly and whill be out more often.