curley shrimp antennae

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Tavast, Jan 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tavast

Tavast Bristle Worm

Hey there guys, got another question. My skunk cleaner shrimp just molted and now all his antenna are curley & wavy instead of straight.:confused: Does this mean I need to add calcium to the water? The only thing I did different is I added some strontium for the first time two days ago, and I put a phosphate sponge in the filter system. He looked totally normal before he shed. Guess I picked the right one to name Forrest, LOL. Al the wierd stuff happens to that one. The other is Bubba :) hee hee. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Click Here!

3. Tavast

Tavast Bristle Worm

I know this doesn't sound like much of anything, but I really am worried about my shrimp. I saw one at the LFS with curley antennae and when i went back 2 days later it was dead, so if you know anything about this, I would really appreciate your input.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I'll give you a bump as I have no idea. You might have disturbed the hardening process when you added the strontium. BTW you do test for strontium correct? Never dose what you can't test.