Cleaner Shrimp Babies?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Strickland_673, Jan 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

Sorry couldn't get a clear picture, but I recently had a little outbreak of ICH so I went fishless for a little bit, I noticed the other day that my shrimp was releasing eggs as usual, tonight when I checked my tank with a flashlight the light is being swarmed with little larva like things. I googled a few pics and it's what these things definently look like. Any ideas on keeping them? probably won't survive....

2. Click Here!

3. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

I had the same thing happen recently with my peppermint shrimp. Temporarily caught a few but soon realized that I did not have the time nor inclination to try to do much so I put them back into the tank to fend for themselves. My clownfish seemed to really enjoy eating them.

4. phil_n_fish

phil_n_fish Astrea Snail

throw them in your sump if you have one

5. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

They're very hard to raise & require specialized tank setups and food. The only success I've heard claimed when I looked last year for someone else was a public aquarium in Hawaii, but they won't talk about their methods. Lots of people trying, none succeeding to adulthood.

6. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

If you haven't already check it out look on mofib.org.Lots of good info there.

7. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I was going to link to that site, but after looking around before I posted, there were still no successes.