ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Giant Squid

Skin: Classic
Bruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud of

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery
Default Anemone Growth

Hey everyone.

Just a question I thought of.

I wanted to know how fast anemones actually grow, not in size, but in gaining more tenticles and such.

I have had mine for about 2 years and it doesnt seem to change that much.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
3reef Moderator

amcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

I don't think that they gain any more tenticles than they're "programmed" to grow so that's not an indication of growth. I'd think that their growth rate would be determined on how much/how often you feed them soooo...i don't have an answer
amcarrig is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-28-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
Giant Squid

Bruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud of

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

I see. I was not sure if an anemones growth could be compared the a corals with an umlimited ending to how large it can get. I wasnt sure if anemones got to a certian point and just stoped growing.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
3reef Moderator

amcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond reputeamcarrig has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

That's a good question that I don't know an answer for
amcarrig is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
Torch Coral

Skin: Mint
rickzter has a spectacular aura aboutrickzter has a spectacular aura aboutrickzter has a spectacular aura about

contributor 

gallery

I think they will grow more tentacles when they grow larger in size, foot, mouth, etc.
rickzter is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #6
Purple Spiny Lobster

serotonin has a spectacular aura aboutserotonin has a spectacular aura aboutserotonin has a spectacular aura about

gallery

I believe once they get bigger their chances of splitting are higher, but my knowledge on them as a whole is unfortunately very limited Time to change that!
serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #7
Feather Duster

Boomer is on a roll

gallery

Rick is correct. As far as splitting goes that is a stress reponse, it is very uncommon in nature, especially carpets and BTA's
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-02-2006, 05:00 AM   #8
Sea Dragon

Reef Lover has helped out a lot around hereReef Lover has helped out a lot around here

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

I sure that they do grow new tentacles only if it got stuck in a power head or got stuck in a filter, and damage or loss some tentacles.
Reef Lover is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!