Type of pod?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by dane, Oct 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dane

dane Astrea Snail

Hello everyone,

Just noticing some pods (at least I think they are) on my temp tank and was wondering if anyone could help me id it :) I tried a link on one of the other pod thread but wasn't able to find anything on it.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. dane

dane Astrea Snail

I know this isn't a pod, but found this guy too..a white fern-like piece on xenia frag..anyone?
    [​IMG]

4. dane

dane Astrea Snail

So they're little feather dusters called Pileolaria sp, apparently harmless :)

Now if only the second pic can be id..

5. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

First pic is a spiorbid(sp?) worm,they are like a tiny feather duster and harmless filter feeders.They can reproduce everywhere,which still isn't a problem.But if they get on glass that you clean,it's best to pluck them off with a fingernail or scraper.If you get one stuck under your mag cleaner,they can scratch your glass like sand.

The white ferns,i can't see good,but i do see what looks like a couple aiptasias at the base of the frag and the xenia doesn't look to happy about it.They will kill the xenia if not dealt with soon.Aptasia x or joes juice would probably work best since they are so close to the coral.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid