Pistol Shrimp and do I want him in the tank?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by JK901, Apr 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JK901

JK901 Skunk Shrimp

I have a 90 gallon reef tank. He is friends with a tiger goby in the same bag, but he needs to get treated for ich first.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

We have had one for a year (at least). It'll stay small. Mine hasn't killed anything that I'm aware of, not even the small snails. It's about 1 1/2" long.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I had one for a couple years. In a tank that large, unless he stays up front you may see very little of him. In my book they are very cool and in a larger tank I would not hesitate to get another pistol shrimp.

5. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

That is the Randall's pistol shrimp I believe. I've had mine paired with a Tangaroa goby for almost 3 years now. Happily he's made their home in front and I get to see them all the time :)

6. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

I remember seeing another post by you tonight, I thought the consesus was reached that the goby did not have ich but prob had sand and denitris settled on top of him. Why not jsut QT them together and if you new fish does have ich take out the shrimp if you need to medicate

7. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

i added one to my 118g aside the lucky spotting when he swiftly comes out to grab a chunck of food iv seen little of him. also he does not seem to have paired with my diamond goby as of yet

8. Click Here!

9. JK901

JK901 Skunk Shrimp

Great idea. I wish I had seen this before I put him in the tank. :eek:

He is in hiding now so I may never see him again. The goby is in the HT now with the herbal remedy solution. I'll leave him there for a few days and then put him in the DT.

10. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

11. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Mine has one tunnel and couldn't carry a frag if it tried LOL.
    The one in the pic looks just like mine, which won't ever get large enough to carry a frag (unless maybe it's a frag on a small shell).