Little white dots and starfish

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by SeaLevel, Mar 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SeaLevel

SeaLevel Bristle Worm

I have these little white circular dots on my tank, its all over the glass and on the lr. are they harmful to a reef? theyre not much bigger then a pin head, they're all over the place. they look like they might be spirorbid worms. any one ever had these before?
    That starfish is about the size of my pinkey nail. I found one of them about 4 months ago, and now i have at least 3 of them that iv seen, theres probably more. can anyone id the star?
    I also have new snails that i didn't buy. their very small and have black spiral shells.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. SeaLevel

SeaLevel Bristle Worm

the dot im talking about is in the bottom center of the pic. thats a super close shot of one

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

5. SeaLevel

SeaLevel Bristle Worm

no, the shells are shorter, and more circular. they dont come to a point at the end. more like a little ball. could snails be breeding in my tank? or did they just come out suddenly from my lr. i havnt added anything to that tank since august and more and more strange things keep popping up.

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid