ID Please

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by tgood, Aug 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tgood

tgood Sea Dragon

These are all over the back wall of my tank and some are starting to appear on the rock now.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

they are the calcium body of tube worms.. good things...

4. tgood

tgood Sea Dragon

Awesome, would that have anything to do with my water being slightly cloudy? I'm assuming a bacteria bloom of some sort, nothing appears to be affected but the water is definitely slightly cloudy. I did a 20% water change 2 days ago and it's still the same.

5. Greg@LionfishLair

Greg@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

As mentioned, what you have there are Spirorbid dusters. They won't have anything to do with causing your water's cloudiness, however. Have you added or removed anything from the tank?

BTW, if the dusters bother you, or become too prolific, you can simply scrape them off the tank with an old credit card or a scraper of some type.

6. tgood

tgood Sea Dragon

I actually have not added/removed anything from the tank since adding my livestock almost 2 months ago. I've been very patient and taking it slow, as well as keeping up with my weekly water changes. That's why I think some sort of bloom is occurring. All my livestock is behaving the same way as before with no visible changes so I'm not too concerned. Just curious as to how long the cloudiness will last. It isn't too bad but noticeable to me because I like my water crystal clear.

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

do you run carbon? You may want to help clear the cloudiness.

8. Click Here!

9. tgood

tgood Sea Dragon

Yes I run a media bag of carbon, the water is clearing up more each day. The only thing I can think of is some type of bloom, all my polyps are open and my fish seems happy. Now that it's clearing up I'm not too concerned.