Gorilla Crab

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Scuba Ken, Aug 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

I am told I have a gorilla crab, while I didnt buy this fella I do understand how it can get not the tank.
    I am removing him and putting him in my refugium, where he can live out his days eating the crap that everyone else leaves.

Is this definitely a gorilla crab ? And is it a nightmare as everyone is telling me, I can't get my iPad to upload the photo as it is a hateful piece of apple's techno poison ! LoL

2. Click Here!

3. Scuba Ken

He looks like a normal crab, he is dark pink, coarse hair and has black tips on the ends of his pincers, oh and he grabbed my golden headed goby as he swam by and was in the process of eating him when I caught him

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I think this answers your question from the first post. Good move to move it to the refugium.

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Black pinchers= Bad. lol I would also put him in the fuge. No need to kill an animal for doing what they would do in the wild.

6. Scuba Ken

So he is now languishing in my jail, alomg with a sunrise dotty back, I will have more fish inn there than I do in my dispay tank soon ? LoL

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  7. Scuba Ken

Im sure you all know what they look like, but just in case

LoL

He isnt looking so happy right now ! ! ! !

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. dpruitt7450

dpruitt7450 Bubble Tip Anemone

good idea on putting him in the fuge, he should do pretty well in there. i had a gorilla crab and he was a nightmare to catch, i ended up baiting a mantis shrimp trap and getting him out that way. but i took him back to the lfs and they credited me 2 bucks :) lol win win if i say.