triple tank 10g sump build

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by devlzluv, Sep 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

Well Im goign to start my custom 3 10g tank sump build, 1 to house a fuge only (cheato-bad fish vertabrate area), Mangrove tank/reactor tank, and a skimmer/return pump tank. Im going to place the tank up and down instead of across like traditional sumps and have the tanks drilled in the rear and connect with pvc between all of them bringing the total water volume up to 95g which to me sounds alot better and to eliminate my nitrates which are off the chart (80+). Lol ive got a plan just need to start the build which will take 2 weeks to finish which is ok by me.

Does anyone know a good glass cutting place so I can drill my tanks out?

Ill keep you guys updated with pics once I get all my stuff wish me luck! Woot reefers

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Sounds like a good plan for the nitrates. Make sure you confirm that the bottoms are not tempered.

4. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Have you figured out the cause of the nitrates yet?

5. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

my ****ty sump setup, the waterflow is way to fast for it to be effective

6. Toxicc

Toxicc Astrea Snail

if you have a dremel or something like it i was reading about using the diamond tipped bits to "etch" out the hole slowly taking buts out of the glass. i have never tried it but i was going to try it when drilling my 10g just because of the thin glass.