Led Plan

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by jeffers0n, Feb 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jeffers0n

jeffers0n Feather Duster

[​IMG]Ok, so I'm thinking of making an acrylic box, the sides will be scewed into the heatsink, but the top won't, it will just be bonded with the acrylic sides. I'm thinking of making the top slab of acrylic thicker so I can put ibolts in it to hang it. Do you think the top will bow, or will it be strong enought to put ibolts in it to hang?? The heatsink is 16" by 5.9" and a fan will be mounted to the heatsink via coner braces and aluminum strips. The sides will also have vents for the fan, and the top slab of acrylic will have a hole cut for the fan.
    Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. jeffers0n

jeffers0n Feather Duster

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

How thick is the top acrylic?

5. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I used 1/4" acrylic on mine. Was plenty strong with no flexing at all. Not sure if I would trust 1/8". Too much money hanging on suck a thin piece.

Also, I am not sure I would just glue the top to the sides. That means that the glue is the only thing suspending your pendant. It might hold for 10 years, then again, it might hold for 10 days.

6. jeffers0n

jeffers0n Feather Duster

The top is going to be 1/4 inch thick, while the sides are 1/8" thick. So how can is support the top so that glue isn't the olnly thing keeping it hung?