Help with stand.

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by dskyers, Jul 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I want to make my own stand for my aqua pod so I can make a 10g fuge down below. Don't really know where to start sure I could drill together bit need basic instructions on how to get the wood cut the dimensions and what I need

2. Click Here!

3. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Do I just. Make a box and put on sides and doors paint it with deck paint and leave back open?

4. jeremya

jeremya Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

It is really up to you and how complicated you want to get. The dimensions are really dependent on what size your tank is and how you want to design the stand. I would choose a design that doesn't put any of the weight on the screws.
    You should just search "DIY aquarium stand" on Google and you will come up with tons of designs and resources.

You are not limited to a wood stand either. The stand I am working on a plan for is made out of square-tubular steel. Just some estimates now, but I am thinking about 22 ft 1-inch tube steel and about 12ft of 1 inch angle iron would be enough for a 55 gallon. Just some thoughts.

5. serega

serega Astrea Snail

my build "IKEA style"))))

may will wave some idea, tank 150gal

Attached Files:

6. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

Here is a guide you can look at. Just base it off the measurements of your tank.[​IMG]