What's Wrong ?

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by oceansurf, Jan 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

I don't know what is wrong with my goldfish. Everything was going fine until recently.

In the last couple of days I have seen my red cap oranda bulling my fancy goldfish. It is a continual thing. He never leaves the fancy alone & has, in fact, bitten off much of his tail.

I feed them once every other day. Are they not getting enough so they start this ?

Any suggestions ?

2. Click Here!

3. oceansurf

Do you suppose if I heated the water in my goldfish tank to around 70, it might slow them down & make them less aggressive ?

4. oceansurf

Bullying

Everything was going fine & then, for no reason, my tiny red cap oranda started bullying my large fantail. It is taking off large parts of his beautuful fins.

I feed the fish every second day. Could it be that he is getting hungry & picking on others?

The temperature is around 65. I keep it that way by adding a bit of cold water each day. Once a week I do a water change because they are so dirty.I have put in a heater & set it to 70, thinking that, that may make them more docile.

Any other suggestions ?

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Two threads regarding this subject have been merged.