ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #11
Tassled File Fish

Skin: Classic
=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute=Jwin= has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

I'm not trying to badger anyone here or be the killjoy...but the thread asks for tank sizes and amount of goldfish in the tanks. Meaning, someone could answer with "50 gallon saltwater reef with zero goldfish" and it would be an answer to the question.

Maybe it could be rephrased to: "How many and what type of goldfish do you have and what size tank are they in?"

That could help with any confusion
=Jwin= is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
Plankton

Skin: Mint
Jaws_flounder is on a distinguished road

gallery
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Jwin= View Post
I'm not trying to badger anyone here or be the killjoy...but the thread asks for tank sizes and amount of goldfish in the tanks. Meaning, someone could answer with "50 gallon saltwater reef with zero goldfish" and it would be an answer to the question.

Maybe it could be rephrased to: "How many and what type of goldfish do you have and what size tank are they in?"

That could help with any confusion
Oh. I just wanted to know about goldfish. I'm not really into tropicals or other spieces. That's what I ment.

Last edited by Jaws_flounder; 03-22-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Left a scentecse out.
Jaws_flounder is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
Clown Trigger

Skin: Classic
stepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond reputestepho has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

My girlfriend has a 10 gallon tank. In it are 4 feeder goldfish, which will be replaced with two of the bulging eye types.

I also have a pound with two feeder goldfish that are 7 years old, and about 7" long. They had babies once but they all disappeared. (cat probably ate them)
stepho is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #14
Astrea Snail

Stefanie720 is on a distinguished road

gallery

when i worked at petsmart the rule of thumb that we always told the customers was 2gallons per inch of goldfish---which is actually a little more than other freshwater fish (1 gal/in)
Stefanie720 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #15
Astrea Snail

Stefanie720 is on a distinguished road

gallery

oh sorry--right now i have a ten gal with three 1in goldfish
Stefanie720 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #16
Plankton

elvisjack55 is on a distinguished road

gallery

i have 1 goldfish in a 5 gal. aquarium is this okay
elvisjack55 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #17
Giant Squid

sostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisjack55 View Post
i have 1 goldfish in a 5 gal. aquarium is this okay
it depends how big the fish is, eventually you will want to have a 20 gallon tank for that one goldfish atleast.
fancies get 10 inches
common/comet/shubunkins get 20 inches.

contrary to many peoples belief fish dont grow to the size of the tank. but if the tank is too small the fish probably will die before maxing out its size..
sostoudt is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #18
Plankton

HolyK is on course

gallery

Right now I have two new 1 inch goldfish in a 5 gal tank. Lady at Petsmart said it should be okay, but then I did more research and found out it;s only good until they start to GROW. So I'll be investing in a larger tank in the future. >.>
HolyK is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #19
Plankton

ImmortalBeloved is on a roll

gallery

I have a 30 gallon tank with two comets...
ImmortalBeloved is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #20
Plankton

rwaterman30 is on a distinguished road

gallery

I have one 7" goldfish that we got from the county fair 2 years ago. He in a 55 gallon and getting ready to go into a 150 gallon this weekend!
rwaterman30 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!

Tags
freshwater fish, goldfish