My new 150g POND

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Blue Falcon, Aug 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

OK So I just moved into a rent house up in the Appalachian mountains in NC, and behind waist tall weeds I found an old 150gallon pond. It aint much but it's free. So.......... being the DIY guy that I am......... well, lets just let the pictures talk. Just got it running today. So no goldfish in there yet (although a frog decided to take a bath). Maybe when I get a house of my own I'll make a 2000 gallon Koi pond. Muahahaha!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brand new 300gph pump with 2 way slit going to the brand new waterfall! :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

NICE!!! I wish I happened upon a 150 gallon pond. Congrats.

4. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

thats cool man! Ive always wanted a pond just to lazy to do one lol

5. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

pond is actually more simple then you guys think x]
    I done one, i did a 420 gallon koi pond with cheap liners. Haha i had red ear slider
    and that guy had a very sharp nail and tried to dig, and ended up ripping the liner. My goodness hell broke lose, i had to get all kois out and the turtle, buy another $300 worth of even better liner, and ya basically i had to redo the whole pond.

6. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

It actually is pretty easy. I get enough rain that the pond overflows and does my water changes for me. I throw in a few pellets off my deck every day. That's about it. Here's a recent pic with some fish in it.

[​IMG]

7. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Wow! Thats amazing! I wish I had the time to do something like that :)... However with our pond we had before it was a PITA to move the fish inside for the winter here in WI.

8. Click Here!

9. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

Hmm. My LFS just told me to keep a hole chipped in the ice during the winter months and the fish go in a dormant state. But is doesn't get as cold down here as id does up there. lol

10. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

The years before we didn't have fish and the pond wasn't very deep, maybe 2 feet max? It normally froze right through... Don't think we would want fishsicles :p. Mom always wanted to make the pond bigger to go ice skating.. hah

I think a Nice bench outside by it would be nice. Sit outside and relax by the pond... My favorite thing to do.

11. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

WOW! That's some thick ice! I will probably get an inch tops before the sun melts it away.

12. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

nice to see others like the pond thing to ;D this was before i added the new 3000 gal pump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]