ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
Plankton

Skin: Mint
fantails will become famous soon enoughfantails will become famous soon enoughfantails will become famous soon enough

gallery

I was told that these kind of fish I have do not like much current the fantails.
I decided to baffle the aqua clears both of them with a sponge from the aqua clear and I left the flow on high speed and left about 5/8 of an inch on one side so that the water could flow out also and I noticed that the fish have not rested yet . I am trying to see if this is what is causing them to rest a lot. It has been almost 2 days.

Since I baffled the pumps I decided to put my driftwood back in the tank and I added 1 rock made for aquariums. Will the rock and driftwood collect good bacteria after a while??

I will eventually take a video again and post to show what I have done.

What kind of background would be good for fantails. Dark or light colors, plain or design on it like maybe rocks or plant design??
fantails is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
3reef Moderator

Skin: Dark
2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

Looking at your video I would get black gravel and a black background to show off the fishes color the best. The rock and driftwood will get very little bacteria growth. Again I would suggest using only one filter.

You don't need the air stone or sponge filters either. One aqua clear will suffice for all the needs of filtration and aeration. Keep the air stone if you like some bubbles.

Last edited by 2in10; 01-11-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: More suggestions
2in10 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:16 AM   #13
Plankton

fantails will become famous soon enoughfantails will become famous soon enoughfantails will become famous soon enough

gallery

I need 10 X the filtration for goldfish and I need 2 aqua clears to do that. Each aqua clear 50 does 200 gph. If I use a aqua clear 70 it is only 300 gph. I have baffled them now and I leave about 5/8 inch on each side so that they do not over flow and the fish do not sleep anymore. Gravel I do not like. I would have to use aqua clear 110 to get the 10 x filtration 500 gph. I had to put the sponge filters because with no gravel I was loosing my cycle so with the sponge filters it should keep the cycle now. I am going to look for the background Wed. I will video the tank again soon. I do thank you for your advice. Mike

Last edited by fantails; 01-12-2010 at 01:22 AM.
fantails is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
Purple Spiny Lobster

oceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond reputeoceansurf has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

I keep my temperature around 72 - 74 because I have some tropicals in with them. All see to be doing well.
oceansurf is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!