ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Plankton

Skin: Mint
starangel59 is on a distinguished road

gallery
Question Black goldfish changing colour ; is it normal?

I have bought a black goldfish 7 months ago . It has no health problem and the temperature and the atmosphere are normal . But, my black fish has turned gold recently. I have never seen such a thing before...Can anyone tell me if it's a disease or something or it's normal??
starangel59 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Panda Puffer

Skin: Mint
Dr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Fragenstein has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

Many goldfish will do this as they are not "pure" bred, and might have traces of say calico, red or black moor in them... Eventually other colors can come out...
Dr.Fragenstein is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #3
Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Skin: Classic
Giannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond reputeGiannis86 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Goldfish have an unstable pigmentation and can change color (when they are older)

I read in a forum that someone did experiments with lighting bulbs in the tanks that had goldfish with faded or changed color
He used some bulbs with a lot of red spectrum in them and his goldfish started getting back their color slowly and eventually it came out better than it was before! He posted pictures of their progress too..
I am trying to find the link at the moment..I will report back if i find it
Giannis86 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-31-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Astrea Snail

Skin: Dark
MaroonClownFish is a splendid one to beholdMaroonClownFish is a splendid one to beholdMaroonClownFish is a splendid one to beholdMaroonClownFish is a splendid one to beholdMaroonClownFish is a splendid one to beholdMaroonClownFish is a splendid one to beholdMaroonClownFish is a splendid one to beholdMaroonClownFish is a splendid one to behold

gallery

He is fine. Goldfish change colors a lot.. especially black ones.
MaroonClownFish is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!