TLC Show killing fish!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Malachi, Nov 28, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

Whats up with TLC, I was watching While Your Out, where they redo a room for some family member who is out. Wife’s favorite.

Well they did a fish theme, it was sweet!!! Put a really nice, 1400 Lb aquarium. So I am guessing some where around 150 Gallon tank. Bow Front.

After one day installation, they add the fish. It did have a lot of live rock. Fish they add, I counted at least 10 Green Chromis, 2 Yellow Tangs, 1 Copper Butterfly Fish, and some damsels. I give the Copper 2 days!

Is it me, or is this show promoting the murder of many innocent fish. I forget the name of the pet shop that installed it but why would they allow this. I hope they took them out after the show or I guaranty all the fish will die.

2. Click Here!

3. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

I know why they did it, because the show only recorded the whole fishtank setup for one day, so no fatalities are seen. And off course, the petshop takes all the fame for a non cycled fishtank. I bet if they continued for a few more day, they would have changed the whole fish themed room to reptiles!!! :)

4. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    its either that or they set up the tank just for that shot and then took the fish out of the tank and let it cycle right. but i doubt it. i mean the grim reality of it is that not everyone is a member of 3 reef!

5. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

Who knows, maybe they took the sand, rock and water from a massive established system and added bacterial seeded filtration with a broken in skimmer also from a mature tank.......lol. Otherwise all with suffer from parasitic disease an immune system failure within a few weeks obviously. Or maybe they rented the fish for that shot.....if they were considerate enought. lol

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I think i remember that...I think that was a terrible thing to do...I dont know how i saw this lol...