And th winner is....

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Nemo 22, Jan 8, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

The sixline wrasse.with its stunning green tail and its bright racing stripes.six to be exact.its a wonderful blue an red with green fish.lol i took some of yalls advice and bought the wrasse.hes n the tank doing great.i also had to bring some coral home and got me a torch.ill post picks soon.thnk you all for the help.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

You will like the Six Line, they have all kinds of personality and neat to watch swim. Congrats!

4. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Hey Nemo, we have one as well. He is an awesome fish...They are cool to watch, as they have some strange swimming habits..Just be careful, they are known jumpers, more so then other wrasses. Our six line has jumped into our overflow a few times. They are beautiful, especially under actinics...I know what you mean about getting a coral as well. I just can't seem to leave a fish store with just one thing...LOL8)
    Congrats..

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

I Love My Sixline!

[​IMG]

Sixline Wrasse

Scientific Name: Pseudocheilinus hexataenia
    Family: Labridae

Besides its incredible beauty, it is great fun to watch whizzing around tank, playing in heavy water current and "schooling" around with other fish.

It is a fish with wonderful characteristics.

It will eat flatworms, bristle worms, small nuisance snails (esp. those that prey on clams) and is known to act as a "cleaner" to other fish that might be afflicted with some parasite such as Ick.

I often see it carefully inspecting my larger fish, which will hold still for it to do so.

While it does carry a bad rep for being overly aggressive, mine is the most docile, mellow and fish friendly in the tank. The reason being it was the last fish to be added to the population, other then my flame wrasse, which it does not bother at all. It seems to be that they will not tolerate new fish.

He has lots of personality and fun to watch him following around my coral beauty which his best friend.

The only downside that I have heard of, is that it also loves copepods which will put it in competition with other pod eaters, such as mandarins. But my mandarin is a fat little sausage so does not seem to be a problem in my tank.

So for a cheap, colorful and playful addition to a already established fish population, consider adding a sixline wrasse.

It is the perfect reef fish.

I love mine.

[​IMG]

;D​

6. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

I agree with Omard...Our sixline wrasse is the most docile fish in the tank except for that time we tried adding a yellow finned fairy wrasse. The aggression sure came out then. I know, i shouldnt have even tried it...The sixline nearly killed the fairy wrasse. We spent the better part of a Sunday morning trying to get the fairy wrasse out. The fairy wrasse is doing just fine in one of our other tanks, and the sixline reverted back to his docile self. 8)

7. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

congrats on the new fish and coral

8. Click Here!

9. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

everyone loves the sixline wrass.watch out they sometimes jump.found out the hard way.but my water was pretty bad when it happened.

10. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Congrats on your new addition..

11. trizzot

trizzot Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have a sixline wrasse and hes the biggest bully in the tank. If i could catch him, I'd remove him. any new addition has to be approved by him, or he kills it. Ive had him 4 years and he is beautiful, but extremely agressive. I wish there was an fish i could add to put his a@@ in check. But good luck with yours.

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Hey trizzot, In what order did your six line wrasse enter the tank? It sounds like he must have been the first one.