Tank cycled

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by billgil1, Mar 20, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billgil1

billgil1 Astrea Snail

Everything is in check and I even took a water sample to the pet store to confirm my tank was cycled. Time for my first water change and since it is my first I was wondering if I should do a 10 or 20 percent one. After the first one I am plannning to do a 10 percent one weekly. My tank has been running for a month now and any suggestions would help....Thanks Bill....:)

2. Click Here!

3. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Probably no need to change any of the water yet, and you probably don't even need a skimmer at this point either.

4. billgil1

billgil1 Astrea Snail

Ok. I will just be patient for a little longer and let it keep running for a while before I do a water change. Got my new lights yesterday and haven't been running lights because my tank was cycling. Should I start running my metal halides and how long should I run them for???? When do you think its approiate to do my first water change????Thanks, Bill....

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Depends on what you are keeping in tank.

But with significant bioload, immature LR -24gal with no skimmer...I would do at least a 20-30 water change weekly. Easy to do.

May need more... keep close eye on water params.

Good Luck

Keep us posted.

;D