Scallop hitchiker

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by CodyW, Sep 2, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

Might not even be a scallop..i've been wrong before :D

Don't know where he came from but he's in the front of my tank. I don't mind him, the only thing i'm worried about is the other day when I redid my rock it stirred up the water and he threw up a filamintous mess that blanketed everything, is he gonna be doing this occasionaly?

I get a pic and a quick video of him closing. He's really plain but a nice addition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Sure looks like one. I have read that they will cloud your water. Not sure if it's because they expell wastes or do it for protection. Those guys live in the putrid waters of the sea. It's gonna be hard keeping that guy without dosing sufficient filter feeding foods to keep him healthy.

4. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

He's clouded the water once and it was a mess. It was when everything was real stirred up from some sand. I haven't added live rock, or anything else large enough, in over six months so I guess he is liking the setup. I dose rather heavily with plankton for the other filter feeders.

So I guess he's not an immediate threat?

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

Good luck with your scallop it looks like one to me. They sell flame scallops on a lot of sites and there very very hard to keep most dont live to long but maby you'll have luck with yours.