Salty Critter trip

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by trizzot, Feb 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. trizzot

trizzot Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

made the trip out to Salty Critter yesterday with a fellow reefer. As usual the staff was very helpful, and the selection is the best Ive seen in Ohio. Alot on this site like to always talk down on pet stores for what they believe is wrong and I wanted to take the time and applause Salty Critter. Great selection of fish and corals, great prices. Keep up the good work.

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

It is great that you have a place like that in Ohio. We have one here in central Indiana that is a sponsor here on 3reef...Premium Aquatic. They have a very nice store and at better prices then I have seen anywhere on the internet.

4. trizzot

trizzot Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Ive made alot of orders from premium aquatics, They have great prices and selection. Im a fan.

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

They open the doors to the public on friday afternoons and saturdays. If you ever get a chance and are in Indiana it would be worth stopping by.;D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I ordered my lights from Saltycritter!
    Good service!

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I've been wanting to make a trip there!! The wife goes on vacation with her mom the end of april, I'm planning trips with my boys (2 sons) already.

8. Click Here!

9. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I live about 45 mins from salty crittter, I go there at least 2-3 times a month. Awesome store, if it wasnt for them there wouldnt be a quality saltwater store around...believe me ive looked.

10. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Great having a good LFS within driving distance.

I am blessed with same.

Unfortunatly many here do not, which for me would be a prime motivator for opening my own shop! ;)

11. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Here's where I have been...

Barrier Reef in Renton, WA - Small, closet like, but they have a good selection of corals. Clean tanks, but inattentive staff.

Tropical Fish and Pet in Des Moines, WA - Will not buy anything from them, some tanks half empty with brown water. Won't go back.

Tropical Fish in Tacoma, WA - Nice store, clean tanks, deal in other pets too, nice staff if not totally knowledgeable.

Indoor Reef in Tacoma, WA - knowledgeable staff, very busy store though. Fairly good selection.

Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood, WA - Cool store, very helpful staff, knowledgeable, ok prices. Get most of my supplies from here.

12. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Hey Marty,

Come check out The Shark Reef here in Silverdale. If you are looking for something particular, email Eric and he will get it for you...

Or just come browse. (bring CC - as you will find prices Very Good...

[​IMG]

Give me call when you do. I will meet you there and help you spend $$$ ;)

Scott

1 person likes this.