nualgi aquarium great new product or??

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by mikekx65, Jan 20, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

Well I came across this company on Facebook they are coming out with this "great new product" I'm wondering what you guys think about this and what your comments or concerns are. Its supposedly safe for reef tanks and will make your corals "bloom" but it contains copper???? But only in nano amounts they say....I'm not really falling for all thy hype but here is their FAQ I copied off their page and some more info about it. Let me known whatyou guys think about this...I myself am kinda weary about putting anything like this in my tank.

: How does Nualgi work?
    A: A body of water where marine life can thrive, naturally grows algae. Algae absorb carbon dioxide and releases oxygen through photosynthesis. Of all the various species of Algae, Diatom Algae are the most prolific and create most of the food for marine life to consume. The challenge for marine scientists has been to help grow the Diatom Algae. Nualgi Aquarium is the first product of its kind that can grow Diatom Algae in almost any water substrate (including fresh and saline water) by providing 12 essential nutrients on a nano silica base in a biologically available form.* Upon application of Nualgi Aquarium, the Diatom Algae blooms and is quickly converted to live food like zooplankton which is attractive to marine life. In nature Diatoms and Zooplankton provide 50% to 75% of the food for fin fish and crustaceans in aquaculture ponds, lakes, rivers and oceans.*Nualgi Aquarium is a nano scale 4th generation product. It holds US patents since 2009.

Q: What problems does Nualgi solve?
    A: Nualgi Aquarium restores natural food chain in water and prevents growth of nuisance algae as diatoms produced by Nualgi outcompete these nuisance algae for nutrients.

Q: Can I continue to use protein skimmer while using Nualgi?
    A: Yes

Q: What does Nualgi contain?
    A: 12 nano scale nutrients on a nano silica base. These are Fe, Mn, Co, Mo, S, Ca, Mg, Zn, Si, B, P, K, Cu

Q: Is Nualgi toxic?
    A:*Nualgi is made with Nano Silica. This is amorphous silica of 100 nano meters or smaller particles. Crystalline silica of 1 micron (1000 nano meters ) or more may be carcinogenic but amorphous silica is safe.*

Q: Can I use other nutrients or nutrient balancing products with Nualgi?
    A: Correct dosage of Nualgi is generally sufficient to re-establish the natural food chain in the water thereby precluding the need to use other nutrients or nutrient balancing products. However it is not advisable to make make abrupt changes to current practices that are working. As Nualgi starts to deliver results, the tank can be gradually weaned away from other additives.

Q: How much Nualgi should I dose in my tank?
    A: A dose of 1 ml per 30 gallons of water (including sump) once a week is recommended. However for tanks with excessive nuisance algae buildup we recommend 1ml per 30 gallons once every 4 days until the tank comes back to acceptable levels when once a week dosage can be resumed. DO NOT OVERDOSE. More is not better when it comes to dosing Nualgi.
    Nualgi should be dosed after your weekly cleaning and measurements routine. To dose Nualgi, shake the bottle vigorously and then extract the appropriate dose and add to half a gallon of fresh or salt RO water and pour it into your tank.*

Q: What sizes will Nualgi Aquarium be sold in?
    A: 50ml and 100ml

Q: Will there be a discount for stores and aquarium maintenance companies?

Q: How much will it cost?
    A:*Not decided yet but it will be around $1 per week for a 80 gallon tank. This will include shipping and handling.

Q: Where will I be able to purchase Nualgi once it goes on sale?
    A: Nualgi Aquarium | Full Site Coming Soon!

Q: Does it work on fresh water tanks?

Q: How about salt water?

Q: If I don't have any algae problems, why should I use Nualgi Aquarium?
    A:*Nualgi isn't an algaecide, and the benefits aren't only eliminating nuisance algae. It provides for an organic process to occur within the aquarium that has been missing. It allows for the food chain to take place from the diatoms to the zooplankton and finally to the fish and corals. Undesirable nutrients are utilized by the diatoms which are absorbed into the food chain.

Q: Where can I get more info?
    A: Watch CyberAquarist, a 32 year hobbyist explain how Nualgi works:*Nualgi Aquarium Contest - YouTube

Watch Brennon, 5 year hobbyist talk about his experience with using Nualgi:*Brennon Hope's Aquarium - YouTube

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Google "modified Guillard's F/2 nutrient mix". The addition of silica makes it the perfect nutrient mix for growing diatoms.... there is no issue of growing diatoms. Heck, we grow quite a few diatoms here at Reed Mariculture.

4. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

I am not sold. Described as an inorganic compound which allows organic processes to occur. It sounds like an element suppliment in other descriptions. It claims to reduce nuicance algae but we all know the only way to do that is to eliminate nitrite and phosphate. I would need a lot more information and reviews before i would even consider this.

5. brureefer

brureefer Plankton

whoa

This product is great. Only a few hours after first dosing corals were more open than ever. I also altered flow a little but the candy canes have never looked so good. Three days later and hsmmer is much more open and frogspawn looks huge and starting to split. Im very impressed. And free trial at that. But i will be buying soon as its up unless i get the 50 ml bottle for free once i get my lfs signed up to carry nualgi. Get your free sample before april 30. You will be pleased.

P.s. its a 29 biocube i wish i could figure out how to upload a picture

6. brureefer

brureefer Plankton

Gah these damn forums need to make it easier to upload pics

7. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

im a skeptic as well, and am not using it. but I have read many reviews/first hand accounts of reefers using it, and reporting great success!! doesnt mean Im sold, but Im looking into Nualgi, a bit more. I dont know if they are active on 3reef, but I have seen nualgi, active on some of the other forums(R2R).

Anybody using this product!?