Need an opinion

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Nemo 22, Dec 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

Ok well i lost my flame angel recently to old age.he was given to me from a friend who had him for 4 + years and i had him for over 6 months.well i was wondering what should i replace him with. itsa 55 gallon with 2 mated pair percs and 1 diamond goby with acoral banded shrimp and some coral.any one have any good ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

So many to choose from. Dartfishes, gobies, blennies, some wrasses, dottybacks,

4. stylaster

stylaster Gigas Clam

Another nice pygmey angel would be the Potters Angel, ive always like them and had great luck with them

5. Nemo 22

im looking for a fish that has alot of personality.loves to swim inbetween rocks and goes all around the tank.

6. dragonflylures

dragonflylures Flamingo Tongue

I would say possibly a yellow tang, they graze on algae all day if you have any and have lots of personality, totatly reef safe and always swimming around. Just my 2 cents

7. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

scooter blennies have lots of character and some are colorfull if you can find them and very easy to keep.imo you'll be maxed out with the next fish but i keep very few in my tank compared to others.

8. Click Here!

9. Nemo 22

Scooter blennies are great but they are bottom dwellers.

10. JustPhish

JustPhish Peppermint Shrimp

And also need a lot of live food which in a 55 would probably be eaten quicker than they can reproduce.

If you're looking for something with activity I would get a fairy wrasse. Any fairy wrasse would do. There's some gorgeous cheap ones and some gorgeous expensive ones.

11. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

A Zebrasoma Tang or a nice Fairy or Flasher Wrasse will make the perfect addition and afford you a nice diversity of behavior and a splash of color as well!
    Sorry to hear about your Flame...they are gorgeous fish!

12. Nemo 22

arent tangs coral eaters?or is it angels.im not in my reef mode right now. lolcant remeber