ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2004, 03:51 PM
Finback Whale

Skin: Mint
Birdlady has a spectacular aura aboutBirdlady has a spectacular aura aboutBirdlady has a spectacular aura about

gallery
Default The Nano Itch....

Welp, I am officially getting the Nano tank itch! Want one in my bedroom. I am looking at the JBJ 12 gallon Nano pictured here
http://www.jbjlighting.com/sys_12g_nanocube.html

I have seen this one at my LFS and it looks really nice. It has everything, pump, lights 2 24 watt compacts, wetdry, fans, etc. Just no skimmer...

Does anyone have any experience with this product or others like it?

Would firefish be OK in a small tank like this?
Birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 11-25-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
3reef Moderator

JohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant futureJohnO has a brilliant future

gallery
Default Re: The Nano Itch....

Sue,

That's very similar to the tank I have for the seahorses. My tank works really well as long as the filter medium is cleaned regularly.

I can't see why you can't have a couple or three of those firefish, seems big enough to me :-)

John

JohnO is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-25-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
Fire Shrimp

reiple is on a distinguished road

gallery

Unfortunately unpaired firefish would dimish each other until only one dominant individual remain. So if you plan to put a firefish, it is safer (cheaper!) to just add one. Other dartfish might be more hospitable to community tank settings.
reiple is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-26-2004, 03:40 AM   #4
Finback Whale

Birdlady has a spectacular aura aboutBirdlady has a spectacular aura aboutBirdlady has a spectacular aura about

gallery

Thanks guys, ...there is no real way to discern a "pair", is there?

How about the Nano tank? Anyone with experience?
Old 11-26-2004, 04:55 AM   #5
3reef Moderator

Skin: Classic
Jason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond reputeJason McKenzie has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery

I had one for a while. It did quite well. But unfortunately they require more time than a big tank. I found water changes messy and all the cool toys I had for the big tank were too big to use for the Nano. Xenia ruled and I couldn't keep up with the fragging. So I got ride of the weed
In other words I was too lazy for the demands of a Nano. But I still have everything alive and well now in the 40G or the 75G.

J
Jason McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-26-2004, 07:11 AM   #6
KingFish

Matt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery

I've seen that JBJ a few times. In addition to the skimmer, the other thing that kinda bugged me was that it didn't skim the surface of the water. Still a nice setup for the price.

More here:
http://www.3reef.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1066521198
Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-26-2004, 10:54 AM   #7
Finback Whale

gallery

Thanks Matt....checked out that thread. The new one is supposed to address the surface skimming situation..It also now has 2 - 24 watt CF bulbs and 2 fans.

It is now, for the deluxe anyway, $159.00

Jason, thanks for the input...I was planning to do water changes right from my main tank...??? I have read about people doing that....
Old 11-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #8
KingFish

Matt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Rogers has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 
protector 
3link 
gallery

Wow. Cool. Glad they listen to the people at 3reef.

I like the improvements. And the 'S' stand.

Not sure I follow the bit about using tank water from the main tank. Won't that water be kinda dirty?
Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-26-2004, 04:39 PM   #9
Finback Whale

gallery

Well, it would be better than the tank with no skimmer! Right? Plus, if all bad things are zero, and the water in the large tank is right where I want it, why not?
Old 11-26-2004, 05:15 PM   #10
Giant Squid

Skin: Classic
Bruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud of

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

hmm when u say the new nano do u mean the one that is like 20 or 30 gal? i heard they r coming out with a new bigger one...that was like 1 day after i set up the 12...i am so pissed off lol...o well...
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!

Tags
nano