My New 90 gallon stand & Canopy! pics

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by luvreefs23, Feb 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Here it is, i waited 5 weeks for it to be complete but it turned out beautiful. Lmk know what u guys think...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

Nice! now all you need is the Tank::)

4. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Yeah, i cant wait...i would have bought my tank already but wasnt decided on a 75 or a 90 yet. Hopefully have some time to get it in the comming weeks.

5. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

cool what setup are you going to have?

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Looks great! A 90 would be awesome.......hint......hint. theres really almost no difference between a 75 and a 90

7. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Im looking to run the sump into the basement into a 100 gallon rubbermaid container and build a room arround it so i dont have any space constraints. Increased water volume should help with eliminating the need for a chiller. Im gonna get the 90 for sure, the 75 looks to shallow with the xtra high canopy. Im hoping to do some soft and hard corals with as many fish as i can comfortably fit.

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I have 12 fish right now and I think thats the limit for me.

10. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I already have 6 id be transfering out of my current tank so id have 6 more to choose!
    The plan so far to transfer is a maroon clown, lawnmower blenny, neon goby (does he even count? lol), flame hawkfish, firefish, and royal gramma. I really want a powder brown, powder blue, or achilles tang....not sure if i can pull it off in that size tank.

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Really, Really nice job on stand!!!

[​IMG]
    (karma - :) )

May want to reconsider mixing soft and hard corals in that size tank from getgo. Has never proven to be good idea, and many recommendations against. Choice depends on lighting and just visual preference. (I am a soft coral fan myself --- as they seem prettier, are more durable, and have more "character" then sps....my opinion only...many here like other.)

Number fish depends on size and compatibility and temperment.

See Threads:

A list of good beginner fish

Fish to be avoided - Part I

Fish to be avoided - Part II

Add fish slowly...

Newer tank, only couple of fish.

As it matures, add one or two over time.

Good Luck!

Keep us posted on progress!!!

Scott

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I have a Kole and Yellow tang, both decent size and a Foxface, also a good size. Word of advice, if you decide to get more than one tang, either introduce them at the same time or introduce the last one at night. Thats what I did and I have yet to see them fighting. I think over all, the best time to introduce most, if not all, fish is when the lights are off. Less stressful, everyones sleeping and you avoid any conflicts that may arise during the day.