my blue tang has white spots on him

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by nurse1, Mar 10, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nurse1

nurse1 Plankton

I am fairly new to this hobby- I started out with a lionfish in a nano cube! I have now moved him to a 75 gallon and have some tankmates. I have a vlamingi tang, blue tang, lion, foxface rabbitfish,snowflake eel,flame scallops and a picasso triggerfish who has eaten my entire cleaning crew! I have about 2 inches of live sand and 120lbs of live rock,2 pumps and a berlin sump with a protein skimmer. The nano now houses 2 pipefish, brittle star ,anenome, some live rocks and some corals, crabs and snails (saved from the triggerfish!). Everyone seems to be doing well except my blue tang seems to have white spots on her that kind of look like air bubbles. It almost seems as if she is "itchy", rubbing on rocks etc. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Is this serious? Will it infect anyone else?Another question is about my flame scallops-I have 2 of them and they kind of stick together in the tank, the other day they put some sticky globs with a string hanging off of them on the back of the tank and on some rocks. Are they breeding ? These little "globs" are still hanging there and the strings flow in the water, should I leave them there or remove them?

2. Click Here!

3. Astalie

Astalie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Sounds like she has ick. there is a garlic suppliment you can buy to put in your fish food and it naturally repels itch. Tangs are ick magnets btw. i would try looking it up on yahoo to find different methods of curing it. but whatever you do, don't treat your display tank w/ copper based medications. it will kill any invert you have left and prolly your corals too.