Microbacter7 Cycle Length?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Camkha1234, Mar 22, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

I just started seeding some formerly live rock that I dried out with Microbacter7 3 days ago. Does anyone know how long it takes, on average, to complete the initial cycle?

2. Click Here!

3. KDtrey5

KDtrey5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Usually about 3-4 weeks. If you dried your rock it will take longer. It will also take longer for different algae to appear such as coraline. I bought some instant ocean biospira when I initially set up my tank however this isn't an INSTANT cycle. The best way to do it is to add the bacteria then put flake food or a little source of ammonia until everything hits 0. Took about a week for me. Good Luck!

4. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

Are you supplying an ammonia source? I'm assuming that rock has die off so that could be the fuel? We really can't guesstimate due to the variables of each system. I'd say 3-4 weeks max.

5. Camkha1234

I put in a half of a cube of Mysis Shrimp 2 days ago. Would that work? The rock has been dry for about 6 months now.

1 person likes this.
  6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I'm glad to hear you're moving forward Cam. I would think that would be an ammonia booster. I really like the microbacter stuff. I still use it periodically - it really helps with water clarity or at least that's the effect it gives. I just do the maintenance dosage. You'll be able to continue to use it after you cycle which is nice when you can still use a product after you've spent the money for a specific use.

Sending you some positive karma that your cycle will be speedy!

7. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

Should be, just test the water for ammonia/nitrite/nitrates and you'll know.

8. Click Here!

9. Camkha1234

Thanks! I'm glad I can keep using it as well :)

Thanks. Will do ;)