mangrove

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by phoenixhieghts, Feb 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

Has anyone ever used a mangrove in their aquarium??

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I haven't as yet, however, I have heard good things about incorporating them into a reef tank, though they can tend to be troublesome to grow! If you decide to try them, it is best to grow them in refugium mud for best results!

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Sure But not that great unless you are set up for them to simply stick on a slow flow refugium won't work or offer little if any benefits they need very fast water flows and a long trough is the best so all the water has to blast pass and through their root systems.. And it takes several to do anything Like one per 10 to 15 gallons was the average in the early to mid 90's when many where working with them.. They kind of faded away for the slow flow grass refugiums less care and trouble. They require lots of light M/H's almost same as a coral. Its a tree from outside :)

But this is just what I found out from my experiences with their useage you may have better luck ?

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Another problem with mangroves is they eventually out grow where they are housed. In my case, I just plant them at work and get new ones.